Justin Timberlake has come a long way since his days as one fifth of NSync. Since going solo in 2002 he has gone on to create a highly successful career which has included nine Grammy Awards, four Emmy Awards, seven American Music Awards, three Brit Awards, ten Billboard Music Awards, and eleven MTV Video Music Awards – all of which were well earned. Not only has he proven that he has what it takes to make it as a solo performer on the stage, Timberlake has also shed his Mickey Mouse Club image and taken on acting roles in films such as Alpha Dog, Black Snake Moan, The Social Network, and Bad Teacher. He has become one of the most well respected performers in music and film today with no hint of going out of style anytime soon.
While Justin Timberlake may be one of the most well known musicians in the business there are still many things that fans don’t know about him. From his time as a member of The Mickey Mouse Club to today his life has been full of ups and downs in trying to find his place in the entertainment industry. I have compiled a list of just some of the facts that fans may not know about his journey to where he is today.
Justin Timberlake Facts
1. Having started his singing career as a country singer, Justin sang at the Grand Ole Opry when he was only ten years old.
2. Justin Timberlake attended EE Elementary School in Millington,TN. He then went on to be home schooled from middle school on through high school.
3. Justin lost on the show Star Search when he was eleven years old after singing Alan Jackson’s “Love’s Got A Hold On You”.
4. Justin was Britney Spears first kiss after the two appeared together on The Mickey Mouse Club.
5. Justin took guitar lessons for a short time as a child but decided he would rather teach himself after he was bored from taking lessons.
6. Justin Timberlake has his own brand of tequila called 901.
7. This is not necessarily “little known” but it is worth remembering: Justin was the first celebrity to be pranked by Ashton Kutcher on the show Punk’d.
8. Justin Timberlake’s mom was actor Ryan Reynolds’ legal guardian for six months while the two were actors on The Mickey Mouse Club due to Reynolds’ mom needing to go back to work in Canada.
9. Justin dunks his Oreos in milk for exactly seven seconds. He says that they are perfect that way.
10. Justin co-wrote Rihanna’s 2008 hit “Rehab.”